Experience: Please check vacancy details.
Job Description / Requirements
The USAID Paani Program, also known as पानीपरियोजना seeks an Office Support Staff for a 5 year, $25 million USAID-funded Project in Nepal. The office support staff will be based in Kathmandu and will be responsible for providing office support services in Kathmandu office. The level of effort is 260 days per year.
Detail Scope of Work
Position: Office Support Staff
Level of Effort: LTTA, 260 days per year
Base of Operations: Kathmandu,Baluwatar Office
The USAID Paani Program, also known as the पानीपरियोजना, is a 5 year, $25 million USAID-funded Project in Nepal. Water is the single most important natural resource underpinning Nepal’s economy and livelihoods. The sustainable management of water resources in Nepal depends on addressing climate change and protecting healthy, biodiverse ecosystems. Paani aims to enhance Nepal’s ability to manage water resources for multiple uses and users through climate change adaptation and the conservation of freshwater biodiversity. Paani focuses at the watershed, basin, and national scales and the project has approximately $5 million in grants and activity procurements. This goal will be reached by meeting the following objectives:
Reduce threats to fresh water biodiversity in the Karnali, Mahakali, and Rapti river basins.
Increase the ability of targeted human and ecological communities to adapt to the adverse impacts of climate change through improved water management.
This will be accomplished through 11 strategic approaches and four intermediate results (IRs, each with several sub-IRs), and supporting activities, as defined in Section C, Statement of Work (SOW) of the Paani Contract, the Year 2 Annual Work Plan and the Paani Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, which provide the framework and overall guidance for all Paani team members.
The Office Support Staffis responsible for cooking the food for staffs in KTM and keeping the office space clean with tasks as follows:
- Purchase necessary food items for meal cooking (Paani staff contribution, not project cost)
- Cook lunch for office staff
- Provide cleaning in Kitchen areas
- Maintain and keep record for the cost of the food received by the staff
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Assist other Support Staff on Keeping the office clean and organized with detail tasks as follows:
- Empty waste baskets, remove all trash to disposal area and supply fresh trash bag/plastic for waste baskets
- Spot clean walls, doors, cabinets, include insides of cabinets, refrigerator, microwave, etc.
- Wipe down counter top, table, sink, and fixtures with disinfecting cleaner
- Clean and mop all hard and resilient floors
- Clean hard surfaces of all furniture, cabinets, etc.
- Clean all interior doors and partition glass
- Damp mob and shine all hard and resilient flooring and spot clean baseboards
- Clean and disinfect all waste receptacles
- Other duties assigned by supervisor .
Level of Effort/Timeline:
The Office Support Staff position is based in Kathmandu. The level of effort is 260 days per year.
The Front Office Associate will supervise the Office Support Staff.
Women and people from marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply.
DAI offers rewarding career opportunities for talented technical, managerial, and support professionals. By providing challenging assignments, a commitment to professional development, managerial systems based on teamwork, and an ownership stake in the company, we attract and retain high-caliber staff. Our workforce reflects a cultural diversity that gives us a broad spectrum of backgrounds and perspectives.