- Job Type: Full-time
- Education: See on job description
- Experience: 5+ years
- No of Positions: 1
- Industry: NGOs
- Location: 140 Bulbulemarg, Thapagaun
- Posted On: 120 days ago
- Deadline: 20/02/2018 ()
- Views: 29 views
This job advert has been posted over 40 days ago...
Clean Energy Nepal
140 Bulbulemarg, Thapagaun
Category: Environment and Natural Resource
Education: M.Sc. (Environment)
Job Description / Requirements
Clean Energy Nepal (CEN) is a non-profit national organization working in Nepal since 2000. CEN leads national efforts in research based education and evidence based advocacy campaigns, public policy recommendations and program implementation on issues related to air pollution, climate change, clean mobility, sustainable energy use and environmental conservation.
CEN hereby invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepalese professionals for the position of Executive Director, based in Kathmandu with travel as required.
The Executive Director (ED) provides the overall leadership and strategic guidance to the organization and ensures effective management of staff and resources to achieve the organization’s mission. The ED reports to the CEN Board and would be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that all CEN activities are aligned to CEN's primary objectives of research based education and evidence based advocacy
- Oversee the management and implementation of all organizational contracts, programs to deliver value of money and focus on the primary work of CEN;
- Ensure that CEN’s organizational structure, policies and management are sound and able to effectively and efficiently deliver on CEN's objectives;
- Effectively manage personnel and human-resource matters and strengthen performance management by tracking key performance indicators across the organization
- Maintain a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent
- Operationalize, lead and monitor the implementation of CEN’s multi-year strategy for resources mobilization and effective implementation of innovative programs. Advance the development of new funding streams for CEN, broadening the donor base and encouraging increased investment in programs
- Represent the CEN at the highest level, ensuring its role and profile in the environment sector through effective collaboration with the government and non-government national and international partners, organizations and communities, in the country and regionally
- Ensure regular and meaningful monitoring and evaluation of CEN’s programs, personnel, and routinely report on the impacts and performance of the organization to the board;
- Report to the Board on the operational, administrative, and financial aspects of CEN at each Board meeting and ensure that the Board is made aware, in a timely way, of key strategic and other operational challenge
- Ensure that CEN's operations is free from any biases that are detrimental to equality, inclusiveness or a positive working environment.
- Master’s degree in Management, Environment, Engineering, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, and other related field with at least 5-8 years experience in the senior management position in the related discipline
- Dynamic and strategic leadership capabilities and the ability to define and execute goals to realize the mission of Clean Energy Nepal
- Sound understanding of energy and environment issues in national and international context including the main actors, strategies and policies
- Proven record of successful management experience of development projects, their funds, human resources and partners
- Ability to work independently, regularly take initiative to drive the organization towards continued growth and success. Track record of contribution in a successful acquisition. Proven leadership skills and track record in motivating, coaching, team building and developing individuals
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, reporting and writing skills
- Proven networking and partnership building skills and ability to maintain good relations with diverse individuals, government agencies and organizations
- Strong command of written and oral communication in English and Nepali
TO APPLY: Interested candidates are requested to submit electronic copy of their updated CV by email along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than 20 February, 2018. Please write Application for Executive Director on the subject line of your application. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further screening process. CEN reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Clean Energy Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We promote workforce diversity and encourage candidates of diverse background and women to apply.